Not too long ago we gave away 1,000’s of cases of food to the community that we serve.
The day after a lady from Bell Glade called me and told me that yesterday was the first day in her life that she had no food to feed her children and thanked me for the blessing.
It was at that moment that I knew that God had a place for me in Heaven.
Believe me when I tell you that I am no ones savior but in all due respect for myself this situation has humbled me.
When my customers came to my country they came because they were simply hungry, not just for food but for a better life without poverty.
Well poverty is here and this is what we intend to do about it.
WE WILL CAST THE FIRST STONE AGAINST IT.
Every day of every week applicants come to me for jobs. Every day of every week I tell them that business does not warrant any additional employees and that I would like to hire everyone if it were my choice. There are no jobs for many and eventually for many, unemployment will run out. Then What?
Many of our customers receive assistance from the Food Stamp Program, known as EBT.
By the third week of the month they find that there is no more left on their cards and no more food left to eat.
Until now. And this is how it works and it has already begun:
1. When a person comes to our stores with an EBT card that has run out, we will
give them free food.
2. We are requesting that each of our suppliers donate to our cause.
3. 100% of all food donated to our cause will be given away free.
4. We will seek the assistance of those not working to donate their time to our effort
5. And lastly I am asking you to get the word out.